A number of communities have emerged around the discussion and practice of Research Software Engineering (RSE).
Local RSE Communities
Research Software Engineering groups and activities at Sheffield.
- The University of Sheffield has a local RSE google group, intended for staff and students of the University, for RSE-related discussion. It also includes announcements about training and hardware and software resources available.
- The University of Sheffield's Open Data Science Initiative
- The city of Sheffield has an active R-user's group
- The Sheffield Bioinformatics Core provides a Bioinformatics analysis and consulting service and runs specialised training courses
National RSE Websites
RSE communities and websites from around the UK.
- Oxford University Research Software Developers Network
National RSE Community
Research Software Engineering is a movement that's gaining momentum nationally.