Date: 28th November 2018
Location: Computer Room 4 (Room 2.06), 2nd Floor, The Diamond, University of Sheffield, 32 Leavygreave Road, Sheffield, S3 7RD
The Research Software Engineering Sheffield (RSES) is pleased to announce that we are holding a free one-day practical introduction to Deep Learning workshop on the 28th of November. The course is sponsored by NVIDIA and will be delivered through their Deep Learning Institute program by Twin Karmakharm (accredited DLI instructor). The event is open to staff and students from all faculties.
In this full-day workshop, you will learn the basics of deep learning by training and deploying neural networks. Build the skill-set and toolbox you need to build your own deep learning solutions through hands-on projects. Learners will:
- Understand general terms and background of deep learning
- Implement common deep learning workflows such as Image Classification and Object Detection
- Manipulate training parameters to improve accuracy
- Modify internal layers of neural networks to adapt to new problems
- Deploy your networks to start solving real-world problems
Content level: Beginner
Pre-requisites: Technical background and basic understanding of deep learning concepts. Knowledge of Python is helpful but is not a requirement.